Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Not your Nanny's pot roast.

Nothing against my Nanny's pot roast, because hers is pretty delectable. Tonight I am opting for my own mothers recipe....shocking. My mother makes a good lasagna but that is about it..until now. While at home on the Christmas holdiay my mother said she would be making a roast which is not unusual. Growing up in my house you would eat maybe a total of 8 things just rotated to different nights pot roast being one of them. This time however was different, I couldn't stop myself from picking at it. So tonight I will make my mothers pot roast. Nothing to it at all except bascially dump entirley to much season salt and pepper all over both sides and let it cook on low heat all day. I will pair it with some velvety mashed potatoes made with heavy cream, lots of unsalted creamy goodness (also called butter), and freshly grated parmesan cheese. It will be heaven in the form of potato. Alas there will also be carrots but who really cares about the carrots?

1 comment: